Description – Soma (carisoprodol) comes in 250mg and 350 mg tablets. Carisoprodol is a white crystalline powder having a bitter taste and a mild characteristic odor. It is slightly soluble in water and fully soluble in alcohol. Soma is indicated to be consumed for acute discomfort and pain caused by musculoskeletal conditions in adults.
- When people need to treat muscle discomfort and pain, they are often prescribed to take Soma as their effective short-term treatment.
- However, this medication should be combined with enough rest, physical therapies and other treatment options to get the most out of it. Its intake works by helping users relax their muscles.
- Carisoprodol once absorbed started its effectiveness in 30 minutes and lasts for up to 4 to 6 hours.
- The half-life of soma is for about 100 minutes, but depending upon an individual’s metabolism it may last for up to 3 hours.
- Soma has sedative properties, it is experienced in 13% to 17% of patients who have consumed it.
- Carisoprodol is an active ingredient in Soma which is addictive and has been used for abused for criminal uses.
- It created dependence and withdrawal in patients.
- Abuse of Soma risks overdosage which can be fatal.
- It also possesses the risk of hypertension, respiratory depression, seizures, and other disorders.