Description – Artvigil is a generic form of Armodafinil (called Nuvigil – In the USA). Each tablet contains exactly 150mg of Armodafinil. Armodafinil is a newer (2007) enantiopure form of Modafinil, consisting only of the (R)-enantiomer of Modafinil. Artvigil is sold in aluminum blister strips containing 10 tablets per strip. Each blister strip is manufactured to include perforated tear points, meaning each tablet can be separated from the strip individually, without exposing the tablet. This makes Artvigil extremely easy to transport and store.
- Many drugs are sold as a racemic mixture containing two isomers of the structure of the compounds. These are often called the (R) and (S) Isomer.
- This means that once the drug is ingested, there are two “versions” of the chemical structure taking effect within your body.
- Armodafinil gets rid of extreme sleepiness caused due to narcolepsy and other sleep disorders like sleep apnea which stops a person breathing multiple times throughout the night.
- It helps you keep awake during work hours controlling your brain’s sleep and wake cycle.
- Avoid caffeine close to bedtime for better sleep and effectiveness of the medicine.
- Do not double the dose if you miss any dose. Take it as soon as you remember if it is around your dose time.
- Please use only the prescribed manner to dispose of the medicine.